11.1.17

2016 -- According to my iPhone



On the eve of my 29th birthday, I find myself going through the thousands of photographs taken on my iPhone and can’t help but reflect on what a whirlwind 2016 was. It was emotional, exhausting, exciting, magical. I learnt a lot, I grew a lot, I was challenged. I had some of the hardest moments of my life and some of the greatest. It was a year of many firsts. We welcomed our first child into the world in March and began seeing life through his big brown eyes. We have experienced his first smile, first words, first teeth, first crawl, first Christmas. It was a year of firsts professionally as well. I began my creative journey with William Street Store, an adventure I have been meaning to begin for years - and I mean years (- while clearing out wardrobes at my parents place, I came across a sketch book from when I was 14 with greeting card designs in it!) I released my first collection and had a stall in my first market. As I say goodbye to my 28th year I look forward to what 2017 has instore for my last year in my 20s and can’t help but think it may just be the best yet. A year focused on my little family and with the help of my husband and son, focus on growing William Street Store. While I realise I can't post all 9,765 photos I have taken in 2016, I thought I would share some of my favourite moments.






“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”
- Neil Gaiman